Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lunch Exchange: Spinach Lasagna

So I was getting a little sick of beans for lunch with Jamie. I toyed with the idea of fried rice. Fried quinoa. But nothing was sounding super appealing. In my obsessive stalking of skinnytaste.com, I stumbled across this recipe. My roommate then texted me asking if I wanted to go out for dinner. I asked her how she felt about lasagna and dinner was born!

It was SUPER easy to make (just a little time-consuming since it bakes for 40 minutes). And one roll was really satisfying for me. Gina at skinnytaste.com suggests a side salad to go with it. I didn't do that but it sounds like a nice idea to get some greens in.

The leftovers keep really well and servings are really clear/manageable. The only issue I had was that I was SUPER specific about measuring everything but I only had enough filling for 8 rolls. Also only 8 rolls fit in my pan so it actually worked out kind of well though the calorie count was probably a smidge higher on mine. Not too worried about it.

It was kind of a perfect lunch food. It was great for dinner but kept really well. I also bet it would freeze really deliciously too.

Jamie and I both brought clementines for dessert. Great minds, right?


We then went to the farmer's market and they had a deal for 2 big bags of apples for $5. Usually Jamie and I are really picky with our apple selection but this seemed like a deal too good to pass up. Plus some of the bags had some PEARS in them. Delicious. I meant to take a picture at the market but my fingers were numb!



No comments:

Post a Comment