Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Power in No

I have to remember that there is power in saying no. That it's NOT that I'm choosing to be a party pooper, or to have no fun, or to make people feel bad for their choices. Instead I'm choosing myself. I'm making myself a priority.

Why do I have such a hard time remembering this?

Today is a bakesale at my job and I volunteered to bake some things, which meant last night turned into a total sugarfest and ended with me dipping pretzels into leftover icing.

I know better than that. Why can't I say no? Granted, that's a difficult situation for anything. It's like -- hey alcoholic! Be a bartender!

I woke up early this morning and packed my freakin meals. A yogurt for breakfast. An apple for mid-morning. Tuna salad on a sandwich thin for lunch. Bag of carrots for whatever. A healthy day. And I'm meeting friends for Ethiopian food for dinner... which as far as eating out goes is not bad. If I can manage to not go to the bake sale I should be fine. I only saved a tiny bit of cookies for home (because I want to share them with that boy I'm seeing! Way to a man's heart is through his stomach ... and all that).

Plan. Refocus. Get it done. Lose some weight. Solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment