Sunday, August 21, 2011

Employed!

So it's been a while since I blogged but I have wonderful news! I am gainfully employed. At one of my most favorite theater companies no less. I'm starting at the bottom of the totem pole, but hey, you have to start somewhere, right? The hours are 9-5 and I'm feeling optimistic about settling into a good routine. My hours are very stable and I get an hour for lunch! Though I haven't quite settled on which lunch places I will frequent yet. Do you guys know 'wichcraft? It's a sandwich shop that is a chain and very near my workplace. I ordered food into my office and the online ordering system didn't show calories or ANYTHING. It was only until after I got my food that I thought to check the website for nutrition info.

I get to the website, and despite my best intentions I had ordered one of the HIGHEST CALORIC ITEMS ON THE MENU. I was shocked. A goat cheese sandwich that was 820 calories!? Really? Really?? Apparently so. So what did I do? Say "screw it!" and eat the whole thing?

NO! I ate half, put the other in my bag, fully intending to throw it away later. But I saw my brother late that night and he was STARVING and I remembered my half-sandwich.

Everybody wins! I have to change my normal time with Christine to the evenings because my new job starts at 9am (unlike my last job which started at 11am...). And as motivated as I like to think I am, there is no freaking chance I'm getting to her by 7:30am. Evening weigh-ins seem a little ambitious, but no other choice at this point. Unless my habits totally change and I'm up at 6... ain't gonna happen.

Here's to week two of being employed and finding good lunch options!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment