Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Overnight Oats!

You are all aware of my obsession with chia seeds. My experimentation with them is basically endless. I find that they're delicious in almond milk. Hot or cold. So when one of my favorite cooking blogs (yes, yes, skinnytaste.com) posted a recipe for overnight oats that incorporated chia seeds, I knew I had to try it.

It was late and I basically adapted to whatever I had on hand (not much) and used 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1/4 cup of quick oats. This morning I added walnuts and a sprinkle of agave.

It was kind of odd but kind of delightful. I think the chia seeds overpowered a little and I missed the cold-oat feel to it. But I will definitely experiment again! I'm also going grocery shopping this evening and I'll get some fruit (blueberries look delicious) to throw in there.

It's nice to have an alternative to oatmeal in the summers. Lately I've just been eating Fudge Graham Zone Bars (also delicious... but variety is the spice of life). I had the oats with some Good Earth tea (my favorite) and it was a really satisfying way to start my morning.


Do you guys have favorite summer breakfasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment